Thursday 7 July 2011

Would you be interested in me?

I need some help from you, my online network.  I want to present a paper at the CILIPS Autumn Gathering (Wednesday 12th October in Dunfermline - Plug!) but I'm not quite sure what people would find interesting.

This year's themes are 

  • Digital Developments 
  • Learning and Doing
  • Looking ahead

I can probably add something to each theme, but I don't know if I can add much. 

I'm working on an interactive map of services, but I don't do the digital bits, I just do the information bits. So does that rule out Digital developments?

Or how about Learning and doing ... I've recently Chartered (go MCLIP!) but would people be interested in hearing how I went about Chartering in a non-traditional sector?

Does setting up and maintaining small bespoke library collections count as Learning and Doing?  I set up a library in my old work and then in this role I'm working with our library team to enhance our regional collections. I mean I've created bespoke classification systems for both my old role and my new.

Looking ahead ... looking ahead... I can't really think I can add anything that fits into this theme. So I guess that's a no goer.

Right, your task as my network is to give me feedback on my suggested themes.  Do they work? Would you be interested in hearing about them? Or are they kinda dud.  I was told that case studies are popular!  Bear in mind I would need to speak for 50 minutes so would you be interested in sitting through a long presentation about me?! 

And ... go!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shayna, I like the idea of you talking about setting up and maintaining small bespoke library collections, I'm sure you have battled with lots of specific problems doing this that you could discuss. Bespoke classification systems? I'm a cataloguer so hearing about that would be great (although I'm in Wales not Scotland so won't actually hear your talk ). Good luck with whatever you choose.

    ReplyDelete