Wednesday 29 June 2011

Blogging is harder than it appears

Wow!  This blogging thing is really hard!  I mean technically it's easy; you write a bit, post it and leave it to live in its own virtual world.  But I know there's more to it than that!

Thanks to everyone who has posted a comment - and sorry I've been rude and not commented back.  I'll try and get to your comments as soon as I can.  I'm seeing that this is where blogging gets complicated.  I'm doing this course outside my working hours and I've barely had a chance to sit in front of a computer since I started writing on Sunday.  I guess I never figured people would actually notice my little blog. I'm tucked away at the end of the alphabet and I only just started it on Sunday.

So lesson 1 (well two really since lesson one was setting up the blog), spend time on your blog!  It's very well and good to have a blog but if you're not adding to it and not replying to people, well, you're just not doing what you need to do. 

My mission - should I choose to accept it - must be than to use the blog to its fullest potential.  I need to block out time during the week to add to it, comment on people's blogs and reply back when people comment on my blog.

Check.  I'll do my best.  I guess I'll you'll keep check on how I do!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't used Blogger in years, but I wonder if you can set it up to alert you by email when someone comments on your blog? I can do that with Weebly and it saves time. I check my email almost daily. I only need to go to my blog to post or reply to a comment that I've had time to read and think about.

    Also, occasionally blog posts will disappear before they become live. If you begin to write lengthy posts or want a backup, you can write in Word, save the document, and then copy and paste onto your blog post. I also email my posts to myself so that I have another layer of backup in case my entire blog disappears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips - particularly about the Word thing. Something I will definitely consider for the course and any biggie posts.

    I've got the blog set up so all comments go to my email (which i get sent to my phone) so I can at least see when people comment. Its' just the finding time to comment bit I think I have to be more dilligent about. But I feel I'm getting better!

    ReplyDelete